I'm sure it wasn't intended, but Ive been through a lot of rifles and haven't found an stock non-bullpup military rifle more lefty friendly then the "V Zed" ( FAMAS, Tavor, or P90 are too, but are bullpups). Sure you can make an AR lefty friendly but they don't come that way stock/milspec. The AK is just not lefty OR righty friendly.
Lets go over how the VZ-58 is not only lefty friendly but in some ways better than for righties:
1) The mag catch on the left side (with narrow trigger guard, but doable with the fat trigger guard) means you can pop a mag out with the push of your trigger finger (if it doesnt fall out, knock the mag out with the next one).
2) Safety can be flipped with left thumb without breaking the firing grip (the CSA version with fire = forward, not the VZ2008 fire=back, thats alot harder). Ideally someone could modify a safety so back = safe and down = fire, replicating a left hander's AR safety.
3) Most obvious is the right side charging handle, but also you can lock the bolt back with just your right hand (holding on to the pistol grip with your left hand). Pull bolt back with your right pointer finger and your right thumb easily reaches the bolt hold open button.
4) Ejection is mostly up, forward, and slightly right. You'll never get hit by a empty.
5) The folding stock opens up with right hand while left hand holds onto the gun.
Extended mag release latch would help for lefties as well.